lunedì 26 febbraio 2007

From "Smilla's sense of snow"

I'll copy here a quotation taken from the book by Peter Høeg "Smilla's sense of snow" (That's the original title in Danish: "Frøken Smillas fornemmelse for sne").
This is the book I'm reading at the moment (not in danish of course even if I'm in Denmark now...eh,eh...)
Unfortuantely the quote is in italian, but I swear, I swear, I swear u all (right...never trust an italian girl...!) that I'll go to the library and I'll take the english version, so I'll update as soon as possible also the english translation.
For the moment, enjoy it, my italian friends...

"L'innamoramento è fortemente sopravvalutato. L'innamoramento consiste in un quarantacinque per cento di paura di non essere accettati, di un altro quarantacinque di speranza che questa volta la paura venga delusa, e di un modesto dieci per cento di fragile consapevolezza delle possibilità dell'amore.
Non mi innamorerò più. Come non posso più prendermi gli orecchioni.
Ma naturalmente chiunque può essere aggredito dall'amore."


(Chap.VII, 2nd part)

Nessun commento: